Internet notebook about my work: deep listening to facilitate positive change

.

Thursday 23 April 2009

A letter to myself

How do we ensure that participants in a workshop remember their learning and apply it once back in their office? Recently one of my colleagues used a technique I had not used myself for some time. All participants had to write a letter to themselves at the end of a workshop: the three most important things they had learned and the three things they were going to do about it once they were back home. We had to put the letter in an envelope, close it, write our address and give it to the facilitator. She collected them and promised to post them after a month. Indeed a few days ago my letter was in the mail. I reread my key points of learning, looked again into my notes from the workshop and checked the three things I would do. And I made time for the things I still had not done. The posting below is one of them.

No comments: