Internet notebook about my work: deep listening to facilitate positive change

.

Saturday 30 August 2008

Change: where to start?

The environmental challenges of this century are so enormous that a business as usual approach will not bring about the transformational change we need. Everyone on the video tapes of interviews during the Wineland conference that I am studying seem to agree. They also agree on the need for new technologies that are useful for the poor and have less stress on the environment. But there are different ideas about where and how you start this transformational change: with yourself or with the next generation.

A university professor: “Old dogs like me you don’t change very easily, but you do change children and we can have very big impact that way.” A teacher: “I had to undergo a big change coming as a city teacher to the rural area. In the past 18 years I have grown a lot. The people here have changed me. All for the better.”

No comments: